Early Voting for Primary Elections runs through Feb. 28
February 21, 2014
Contact: Alicia Pierce or Jeff Hillery
AUSTIN, TX – Texas Secretary of State Nandita Berry reminds Texas voters that early voting for the March Primary Elections continues through Friday, February 28. Election Day is Tuesday, March 4.
To get the word out, Secretary Berry toured the state, engaging voters in traditional, digital and social media, and new television and radio advertisements are currently running statewide in English and Spanish.
“I encourage all Texas voters to take advantage of the convenience of Early Voting, when you can vote anywhere in your county and at a time that works for you,” said Secretary Berry. “I also want to remind Texans to bring an approved photo ID to the polls.”
Photo identification is required in early voting and on Election Day to vote in person. To cast a ballot in person voters should present one of the following approved forms of photo ID:
- Texas Driver License – issued by the Department of Public Safety (DPS)
- Texas Personal Identification Card – issued by DPS
- Texas Concealed Handgun License – issued by DPS
- United States Military Identification card containing the person’s photograph
- United States Citizenship Certificate containing the person’s photograph
- United States Passport – issued by the U.S. government
- Election Identification Certificate – issued free by DPS
Anyone who does not have one of the first six forms of ID can get an Election Identification Certificate from a local DPS driver license office for free.
In almost all cases, voters voting by mail will not need to present a photo ID. Texans age 65 and older and people with disabilities are automatically qualified to vote by mail. However, the last day to request a ballot by mail in time for the March 4 Election is Friday, February 21. Voters can contact their county elections office to locate the most convenient polling place, or they can follow the links at www.votetexas.gov. Polling place times will vary from county to county.