Made with Flare More Info“>
The ABA Tax Section has created a new fellowship that brings recipients to its meetings and provides other significant benefits described below. Check it out if you are interested or know someone who might be interested. Keith
The Loretta Collins Argrett Fellowship seeks to identify, engage, and infuse historically underrepresented individuals into the Tax Section, create a more accessible, equitable, and inclusive pathway into Tax Section leadership, support the expansion, diversification, and inclusiveness of the tax profession, and create a sense of belonging for members looking to become involved with the Section.
Applications Due April 3, 2022!
The Loretta Collins Argrett Fellowship is a three-year program open to any individual with a diverse background and/or a demonstrated commitment to promoting diversity, equity, and inclusion in the tax bar. The Tax Section aspires to award up to five (5) three-year Fellowships each fiscal year. The Fellowships provide the following benefits:
- Waiver of annual membership dues for the American Bar Association and the Tax Section.
- Waiver of all registration fees (including tickets for receptions and lunches) for the Tax Section’s Fall, Midyear, and May meetings.
- Reimbursement of reasonable travel and accommodation expenses associated with attending the Section’s Fall, Midyear, and May meetings.
- Waiver or reimbursement of expenses associated with special gatherings at each Section meeting for Loretta Collins Argrett Fellows.
- A mentoring program that includes assigned mentors for each fellow who will serve as guides for Section activities, networking, and professional and career advice and opportunities.
- Invitation to monthly virtual meetings with Section leaders and special guests with discussions and introduction to a wide range of topics.
- Periodic special events.
Applications for the inaugural class of Fellows are due by Sunday, April 3, 2022.
Please help us by sharing information about the Fellowship with your networks and colleagues through the following links: LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook.
Finally, the Section welcomes donations to the support the Loretta Collins Argrett Fellowship Program, through the Justice, Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion Fund. All donations will be used to directly support the Fellowship activities. If you would like to donate to this wonderful program, please click HERE.
Please let us know if you have any questions. Thank you for your support!
Julie A. Divola Caroline D. Ciraolo
Chair Vice Chair, Diversity, Membership & Inclusion
Section of Taxation Section of Taxation
American Bar Association American Bar Association
Genevieve Borello, CAE
Director, Membership, Marketing, and Diversity
Section of Taxation
American Bar Association