July 23, 2012
Contact: Rich Parsons
AUSTIN, TX – Early Voting in the 2012 Primary Run-Off Elections begins today, Monday July 23, 2012 and runs through Friday, July 27, 2012.
During Early Voting voters may vote at any polling place in their county of residence, choosing a time and place that is most convenient for their schedule. Voters who participated in the May 29, 2012 Primary Elections must vote in the same party’s run-off election in which they voted in May. Voters who did not cast a ballot in the Primary Elections may vote in either party’s run-off election.
Photo identification as required in Senate Bill 14 will not be required in Early Voting or on Election Day. To cast a ballot during Early Voting or on Election Day, voters should present their voter registration card or in lieu of a voter registration card, at least one of the following:
- A driver’s license or personal identification card issued to you by the Texas Department of Public Safety or a similar document issued to you by an agency of another state, even if the license or card has expired;
- A form of identification that contains your photograph and establishes your identity;
- A birth certificate or other document confirming birth that is admissible in a court of law and establishes the person’s identity;
- Your United States citizenship papers;
- Your United States passport;
- Official mail addressed to you by a governmental entity; or
- A copy of a current utility bill, bank statement, government check, paycheck, or other government document that shows your name and address.
For more information on the voting process in Texas, including where to vote, please visit www.votetexas.gov.